Step by step Benefits for A2 Nationals (Bulgaria and Romania)

Tue, 14/08/2012 - 20:00
Share this

If you are legally working and appropriately registered, and have been registered and working for three months or more, and are currently working for the employer named in your registration certificate, you should be treated as any other EU or EEA worker.

You enjoy the same rights as these workers and can:

• claim benefits, such as Housing Benefit/Local Housing Allowance, Council Tax benefit, and working tax credits

• get homelessness assistance

As with A8 Nationals ( once you have been working legally in the UK for a period of 12 months with 30 days or less unemployment, you will have full rights of free movement.

You can then get a residence permit confirming your right to live and work in the UK.

Once you are eligible, you can claim Housing Benefit/Local Housing Allowance in the same way as any other city resident would.

If you have trouble following this route, why not try the much easier Student application?

There should be one of the many thousands of illegitimate colleges providing courses on Benefit Fraud?

Alternatively why not pay a couple of hundred pounds to an Anglican vicar for a sham marriage and then there’s no requirement for visas.

It certainly beats sitting outside a shop with your kids selling the ‘Big Issue’

Please read our posting guidelines before posting a comment. *IF YOU SEE A COMMENT THAT YOU THINK BREAKS THE GUIDELINES / RULES - PLEASE FLAG THE COMMENT*

If you liked this news article, please donate online or by ringing 0844 8094581 to help with running costs and improvements of this website. If operators are busy, please try again.

Having trouble posting your comment? Do you want help or have feedback about the usability of this website? If so, then please visit

If you like what you read on this website, please join the British National Party, the party that will always put Britain First.

Join online by clicking here today


Join today from just £2.50 per month:

OAP - £2.50 per month
UNWAGED - £2.50 per month
STANDARD - £4.60 per month
FAMILY - £5.58 per month
GOLD - £8.75 per month
OVERSEAS - £8.75 per month
PLATINUM (GOLD + Newspaper)- £10.41 per month
OVERSEAS GOLD - £10.41 per month
OVERSEAS PLATINUM - £12.98 per month



First Name:

Last Name:


Phone No: