Wed, 15/05/2013 - 19:00
Please read our posting guidelines before posting a comment
If you liked this World at 8 show, please donate online
On Friday, the 10th of May 2013, Operation Chalice, One of West Mercia’s Police’s most complex investigations was quietly closed as seven of men convicted of wide ranging sexual abuse offences in Telford were sentenced in Worcestershire Crown Court.
Reporting of the Telford trials was buried by the fanfare surrounding the Operation Bullfinch jury retiring to consider the sexual exploitation charges against seven men from Oxford.
West Mercia Police said more than 100 young girls, some as young as 13, could have been targeted specifically by the Telford group between 2007 and 2009.
The seven men were sentenced to a combined total of almost 50 years in prison.
• Social Workers Apologise to Girls Tortured by Oxford Groomers
• I do...for now.
• Italy: Forza Nuova Launches ‘Immigration Kills’ Internet Campaign
• Founder of the Euro Says ‘Catastrophic’ Currency Will Self-Destruct
• Imprisoned and Lashed for helping Christian Convert Flee Saudi Arabia
• Red Cross Plants Trees in memory of Palestinian Terrorists
• Thought for the Day – Our Lost Generations?
• And finally – What is that smell Rover?
or by ringing 0844 8094581 to help with running costs and improvements of this website. If operators are busy, please try again.
For older World at 8 shows, please visit http://www.bnp.org.uk/archives/world_at_8
Having trouble posting your comment? Do you want help or have feedback about the usability of this website? If so, then please visit http://www.bnp.org.uk/feedback/website