Tonight Lynne comments on a unique series of spiritual travel programmes, Monk for a Month and Muslim for a Month, that are now heralded as ‘trailblazers for a new kind of tourism’. An Australian entrepreneur decided to do Muslim for a Month following the 10th anniversary of 9/11 owing to the fact that this act of removing over 3,000 innocent souls had led to a ‘vicious circle of ignorance and contempt towards the Muslim faith’. The Aussie believes ‘Spending time with Muslim families is a powerful way to break down prejudice and to correct distorted perceptions’ where ‘Guests and hosts alike say that the programme has left them transformed’.
• Nigel Farage ‘An Engaging Geezer’?
• Rejected Candidate for Being “Too White and Too Jewish”
• 34,000 Criminals Say Sorry and Are Let-Off By Police
• Germans See Islam as a Threat
• Just When Greeks Thought It Could Not Get Worse
• Netherlands Ends Multiculturism
• Tokyo governor 'sorry' over Islam gaffe
• Assad against the Western world?