Judge Michael Stokes sentences 18 year old to 9 months suspended for sex with 13 year old girl due to his Islamic education and naivety.
Adil Rashid, 18, was not aware that it was illegal for him to have sex with the girl because his education in an Islamic faith school left him ignorant of British law.
Stokes said in sentencing Rashid to 9 months youth custody suspended for 2 years “Although chronologically 18, it is quite clear from the reports that you are very naive and immature when it comes to sexual matters.” But the judge said that because Rashid was ‘passive’ and ‘lacking assertiveness’, sending him to jail might cause him ‘more damage than good’.
• Four Asian men wielding axe and screwdriver attack British man
• Family’s Outrage as Notorious Killer Bidding for Freedom is Granted Anonymity by Judge
• Archeologists Revise Image of Ancient Celts
• Vatican Dismisses Guardian ‘Secret Property Empire’ Report
• Delhi gang-rape suspect faces maximum three-year jail term
• Mali rebels torched library of ancient manuscripts
• Thought for the Day – Our piggy political elite?
• And finally – Not a pussy down a well but a pony?