Fri, 14/09/2012 - 20:35
Please read our posting guidelines before posting a comment
If you liked this World at 8 show, please donate online
I had to laugh this week a large majority of MEPs voted through a Report calling for European Banking Union. To have banks run by banksters is bad enough. They sometimes make a profit when they rip the us off, but a bit of that profit is paid back in tax. Eurocrats NEVER make a profit, and never give anything back.
• The Salavrakos Report on reform of Common Fisheries Policy passed this week. The CFP certainly does need reforming or, much better, scrapping. It does contain one reform that is utterly misguided and utterly repulsive. It is a proposal in the report to 'control' the numbers of seals, cormorants and other natural predators. This is on the grounds that these wonderful creatures are eating too much fish.
• Rogue trader loses his bank £1.4 Billion pounds in biggest fraud ever
• Midsummer falls prey to ‘political correctness’
• Mindless thug shoots Toby 8
• From the Belly of the Beast with Nick Griffin MEP
• British and German Embassies under attacks from militant Islam
• Fuego volcano erupts in Guatemala
• Thought for the Day – Hillsborough – are we going overboard?
• And Finally – ‘Cheerio’ from Tarbu – John Cleese moment!
or by ringing 0844 8094581 to help with running costs and improvements of this website. If operators are busy, please try again.
For older World at 8 shows, please visit http://www.bnp.org.uk/archives/world_at_8
Having trouble posting your comment? Do you want help or have feedback about the usability of this website? If so, then please visit http://www.bnp.org.uk/feedback/website