7,900 children fled their care home a staggering 28,000 times last year and the Conservative Children’s Minister promises he will stop children in care from being sent away from their friends and family in their home area.
The minister blamed “An ‘out of sight, out of mind’ culture that has led to thousands of the most vulnerable children being placed at great distance from their home towns.”
The NSPCC warns “this kind of behaviour can put them at serious risk of harm such as grooming or sexual exploitation.
One young boy in care is quoted as saying we are ‘dead to the world’.”
• BNP stand 8 Candidates in Worcestershire’s Bromsgrove Division
• Baroness Warsi and the ‘demons of hate’
• How anti-racism lessons INCREASE pupil intolerance by 'causing animosity to other cultures'
• ‘Anti-White’ Racism Trial Begins in France
• Last Pieces of 1 World Trade Centre Are Rising
• Iraq shuts down 10 television channels
• U. S. Has ‘No Proof’ Of Syrian Use of Chemicals Weapons
• Thought for the Day – The Elephant is still invisible!?