The BBC’s Head of News Helen Boaden in firing line again over reports on the recent terrorist attack against the Algerian oil field.
As BBC Head of News in 2005 following the 7/7 bomb attacks, she sent a memo to staff that use of the word ‘Terrorist’ could be a barrier to understanding.
That holds true today, Ms Boaden having just resumed overall control of BBC news following criticism for her handling of the Jimmy Savile scandal, guided the BBC to refer to the Algerian terrorists as ‘militants’.
48 lives lost and Al Qaeda becomes a militant organisation.
• 37 Jailed Killers Walk Out and Flee
• It’s too cold for you over here,eastern Europeans told!
• Italy: Mussolini Did Well Apart From Race Laws, Says Berlusconi
• Italy Corruption Levels ‘Mortifying’, Court President Says
• Armenians persecuted in Turkey
• Death sentences for anti Islam film upheld
• Thought for the Day – A Europe divided yet again?
• And finally – A hole in one!