Fri, 08/03/2013 - 20:00
Please read our posting guidelines before posting a comment
If you liked this World at 8 show, please donate online
“If You Want to Weep for Your Children, Start Here” a weblog referring to a BBC report “Guerilla knitting in Leicester 'to reduce crime fear'”.
The weblog, by an American, quotes the BBC report where a senior lecturer in criminology at Northumbria University says “Hundreds of pom-poms and knitted items have been strung from trees and lampposts to help reduce the fear of crime in an area of Leicester.” And “As we all know more officers on the beat doesn’t actually have a massive impact on crime rates in [an] area.”
The Weblog added “What we really ‘all know’ via empirical testing in places like New York City is that the presence of more police officers on the streets, on foot, sent personal crime levels plummeting.”
• Falkland Islanders Defy Argentina With Sunday Referundum
• The Guardian Reveals the Contempt for Democracy at the Heart of Human Rights
• Danish Headmaster In Court For Sex Offenses
• Belgium: Man Sentenced For Tearing Koran In Front Of Muslims
• Apologies for Nick Griffin in the Belly of the Beast
• It Is Not A Good Time To Be Hindu In Bangladesh
• Armenian Genocide to be included in Australian school curriculum
• Thought for the Day – Sexism, Racism and Ageism in the Workplace
or by ringing 0844 8094581 to help with running costs and improvements of this website. If operators are busy, please try again.
For older World at 8 shows, please visit http://www.bnp.org.uk/archives/world_at_8
Having trouble posting your comment? Do you want help or have feedback about the usability of this website? If so, then please visit http://www.bnp.org.uk/feedback/website
If you like what you read on this website, please join the British National Party, the party that will always put Britain First.
Join online by clicking here today