The British Broadcasting Corporation or (the BBC) is a public service British Broadcasting Corporation, it is said to be the largest broadcaster in the world by number of employees, with around 23,000 staff.
Its principal responsibility is to provide impartial public service broadcasting in the UK, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
Whether this BBC delivers this objective is another matter entirely; some would say that the BBC is the propaganda arm of a corrupt state.
The BBC was established in 1927 by John Reith (Director General) and George Villiers (Chairman).
The BBC's revenue for 2011/2012 is £5.086 Billion and is publicly owned, so the BBC should be accountable to us.
According to the BBC's 2011/12 annual report its income can be broken down, as follows:
• £3,606.3 million in licence fees.
• £222 million from commercial businesses.
• £279.4 million from Government grants.
• £271.9 million from other income, such as providing content to overseas broadcasters and concert ticket sales.
The BBC operates under a Royal Charter, and a Licence and agreement from the Home Secretary, the current Charter having come into effect on the 1st Jan 2007 and running until the 31st Dec 2016.
The Royal Charter is renewed every 10 years. The 2007 Charter specifies that the objective of the Corporation is to "inform, educate and entertain".
Under the Charter the BBC must obtain a licence from the Home Secretary.
The BBC has been one of the broadcasters that have previously failed to report on the "Asian" (Muslim) paedophile grooming gangs in England and now people are beginning to question why?
It is alleged that there was a paedophile sex ring inside the BBC in the 70's and 80's; allegations of sexual molestation and rape have been made against Jimmy Savile and molestation allegations against 70's icon Gary Glitter (Paul Gadd).
Michael Grade who was the BBC's Chairman from 2004 to 2006 has commented that he "had heard rumours about Savile's conduct" while he was controller of the BBC but said allegations of a cover up by the corporation was "ludicrous".
It has also emerged that police in Jersey investigated claims that Savile sexually assaulted a girl at a children's home which later became the centre of an abuse inquiry.
In 2008, a woman made a formal complaint that Savile molested her at the Haut de le Garenne home in the 70's. A three year investigation by Jersey police into historic child abuse on the island care homes began after these allegations.
• The British National Party demands that the Queen, who is the Patron of children's charities, immediately withdraws the Royal Charter from the BBC.
• The British National Party demands that Theresa May the Home Secretary withdraws the BBC's licence to broadcast.
• The British National Party demands that the BBC hold an independent enquiry.
• The British National Party demands that the MET investigate the BBC for the alleged crime of covering up a paedophile ring in the 70's and 80's and if found guilty prosecuted with the full weight of the law.
The BNP's Justice Department will be staging a demonstration outside the BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA on the 26th Oct at 2.00pm to demand the above; we will be notifying the mass media along with Russia Today; we've already had a lot of interest in this demo, now is your chance to demonstrate for justice.
• How to get there: Nearest Underground for BBC Broadcasting House is Oxford Circus (Central line and Bakerloo line), BBC Broadcasting House is a 5 minute walk straight up Regent St, going towards Regent's Park.
Any queries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org