The Academies Act 2010-12 was granted Royal Ascent on 27th July 2010 becoming an Act of Parliament.
What does this mean for education, school authorities and the ethno-religious groups that are vying for academy status?
• enables all maintained schools to apply to become academies, with schools rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted being pre-approved
• allows maintained primary and special schools to apply to become academies in their own right
• gives the Secretary of State the power to issue an academy order requiring the local authority to cease to maintain the school
• removes the requirement to consult the local authority before opening an academy
• requires the consent of any existing foundation (mainly churches) before a school applies to become an academy (and prohibits the religious character changing during the conversion to academy)
• deems academy trusts to be exempt charities.
It is disturbing to note that maintenance of the properties will now be the responsibility of the newly formed academies.
Local Authorities have always struggled to maintain state schools and they have always had access to emergency funding.
No Academy will be so fortunate!
However, the most disturbing fact of this Act is that the "little Britain Madrasas" that are springing up nationwide have been given a green light for expansion.
(The madrasa: any type of religious school or college for the study of the Islamic religion)
The Madrasa where male pupils are taught that women are third rate citizens, only existing for child birth.
The Madrasa where male pupils are taught that if paedophilia was OK for Mohammed it's OK for millions of its adherents.
The Madrasa where male pupils are taught that western civilisation is the cause of all evil and will be destroyed by Jihad (Holy War)
The Madrasa where select male pupils are taught how to make a bomb, walk into a crowd on a tube train, pull the detonator and kill and maim hundreds.
THE MADRASA............THE ACADEMY OF EDUCATION...........THE ACADEMIES ACT 2010............EDUCATION THE ISLAMIC WAY!!!
If you like what you read on this website, please join the British National Party, the party that will always put Britain First.
Join online by clicking here today